Library and utilities designed to disable fsync and friends
DescriptionThis package contains a small LD_PRELOAD library (libeatmydata) and a couple of helper utilities designed to transparently disable fsync and friends (like open(O_SYNC)). This has two side-effects: making software that writes data safely to disk a lot quicker and making this software no longer crash safe. You will find eatmydata useful if particular software calls fsync(), sync() etc. frequently but the data it stores is not that valuable to you and you may afford losing it in case of system crash. Data-to-disk synchronization calls are typically very slow on modern file systems and their extensive usage might slow down software significantly. It does not make sense to accept such a hit in performance if data being manipulated is not very important. On the other hand, do not use eatmydata when you care about what software stores or it manipulates important components of your system. The library is called libEAT-MY-DATA for a reason.
3570 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 105-5 (Information last updated about 23 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".