instant messenger and IRC client for UNIX systems
DescriptionEKG2 is an open source instant messenger program for UNIX systems. The program has a plugin-based structure, and supports multiple protocols, currently Jabber, ICQ, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, RivChat, PolChat, NNTP and RSS. The program has many useful features. Here is a list - unless specified they are included in the ekg2-core package.
- irssi-like ncurses interface, with mouse support [ekg2-ui-ncurses]
- experimental GTK+ interface [ekg2-ui-gtk]
- spell checking [ekg2-ui-ncurses]
- jogger.pl blog update support
- a simple CAPTCHA (autoresponder)
- Python and Perl scripting [ekg2-scripting-python, ekg2-scripting-perl]
- launching shell commands on certain events
- encryption support (SIM, GnuPG) [ekg2-core, ekg2-gnupg]
- logging to SQLite, plain text or XML files
- sending SMs (using an external program such as sms-pl)
- mail checkingThis is a metapackage which depends on a set of commonly used EKG2 packages.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".