full featured Python IDE
Descriptioneric is a full featured Python IDE written in PyQt using the QScintilla editor widget. Some highlights
* Any number of editors with configurable syntax highlighting, code
folding, auto indenting and brace highlighting.
* Integrated Project Management facility to organize your projects. The
project browser shows all source files, all forms and all translations
each on its own tab. The source browser has built in class browsing
* Integrated and full featured debuggers for Python and Ruby.
* Interactive shells for Python and Ruby.
* An explorer window for walking through your directory structure with
built in class browsing capabilities for Python files.
* Variable windows that display local and global variables in the
current scope while debugging a program.
* An integrated interface to the Python Module "unittest".
* An integrated help viewer to display HTML help files. Alternatively
you can choose to use Qt-Assistant to view help files.
* Display of the UI in different languages.
* The capability to start Qt-Designer and Qt-Linguist from within eric5.
* The ability to compile Qt-Designer forms, to produce Qt-Linguist files
and release them from within the IDE.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".