Multi-lingual software speech synthesizer
DescriptioneSpeak is a software speech synthesizer for English, and some other languages. eSpeak produces good quality English speech. It uses a different synthesis method from other open source text to speech (TTS) engines, and sounds quite different. It's perhaps not as natural or "smooth", but some find the articulation clearer and easier to listen to for long periods. It can run as a command line program to speak text from a file or from stdin.
* Includes different Voices, whose characteristics can be altered.
* Can produce speech output as a WAV file.
* Can translate text to phoneme codes, so it could be adapted as a front end
for another speech synthesis engine.
* Potential for other languages. More than 40 languages are included.
* Compact size. The program and its data total about 350 kbytes.
* Written in C++.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install espeak