create a virtual interface from a remote Ethernet interface
DescriptionEtherpuppet is a small program that will create a virtual interface (TUN/TAP) on one machine from the ethernet interface of another machine through a TCP connection. Everything seen by the real interface will be seen by the virtual one. Everything sent to the virtual interface will be emitted by the real one. It has been designed because one often has a small machine as their Internet gateway, and sometimes want to run some big applications that need raw access to this interface, for sniffing (Wireshark, etc.) or for crafting packets that do not survive being reassembled, translated, routed, etc.
1259 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.3-3 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".