recover deleted files from ext3 or ext4 partitions
Descriptionext4magic is a file carver (or file carving). It can be used when recovering from disasters or in digital forensics activities. The deletion of files in ext3/4 filesystems can not be easily reversed. Zero out of the block references in the inodes makes that impossible. Experiences with other programs have proved that is possible restore sufficient information for a recover of many data files, directly from the filesystem journal. ext4magic can extract the information from the journal and restore files in an entire directory tree, if the information in the journal are sufficient. This tool can recover the most file types, with original filename, owner and group, file mode bits and also the old atime/mtime stamps.
9645 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.3.2-12 (Information last updated about 8 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".