This package contains utilities for formatting extra capacity
disks, automatic floppy disk mounting and unmounting, etc.
The package includes the following items:
- superformat: formats high capacity disks (up to 1992k
for high density disks or up to 3984k for extra density
- fdmount: automatically mounts/unmounts disks when they are
- xdfcopy: formats, reads and writes OS/2's XDF disks;
- MAKEFLOPPIES: creates the floppy devices in /dev;
- getfdprm: prints the current disk geometry (number of
sectors, track and heads etc.);
- setfdprm: sets the current disk geometry;
- fdrawcmd: sends raw commands to the floppy driver;
- floppycontrol: configures the floppy driver;
- general documentation about the floppy driver.
Note that these utilities do not work for USB floppy drives, because
these do not allow direct access to the floppy controller.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install fdutils