web service for transferring very large files
DescriptionF*EX (Frams's Fast File EXchange) is a service that can be used to allow users anywhere on the Internet to exchange very large files quickly and conveniently. The sender uploads the file to the F*EX-server and the recipient automatically gets a notification e-mail with a download-URL. Main features of F*EX:
* file transfer of virtually unlimited file size
* sender and recipient only need an e-mail program and a web browser
(of any kind; they do not have to install any software)
* RESEND and REGET for resuming after link failures at last sent byte
* auto-notification of recipient
* auto-deletion after download
* auto-deletion after expiration date (default: 5 days)
* full-users can create one time upload URLs for foreign users
* full-users can create sub-users, who can send only to this full-user
* full-users can create groups, an analogy to mailing lists, but for files
* admin can allow (internal or external) user self-registration
* admin can allow upload to public recipients without authentication
* admin can allow upload for LAN users without registration (anonymous upload)
* maintenance-free: no administration necessary beyond creating new
* multiple recipients only require one stored copy
* F*EX uses HTTP and needs no firewall tunnels
* support for streams, too (SEX: Stream EXchange)
* shell clients provided for commandline users: fexsend and fexget.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".