File-roller is an archive manager for the GNOME environment. It allows you to:
* Create and modify archives.
* View the content of an archive.
* View a file contained in an archive.
* Extract files from the archive.
File-roller supports the following formats:
* Tar (.tar) archives, including those compressed with
gzip (.tar.gz, .tgz), bzip (.tar.bz, .tbz), bzip2 (.tar.bz2, .tbz2),
compress (.tar.Z, .taz), lzip (.tar.lz, .tlz), lzop (.tar.lzo, .tzo),
lzma (.tar.lzma) and xz (.tar.xz)
* Zip archives (.zip)
* Jar archives (.jar, .ear, .war)
* 7z archives (.7z)
* iso9660 CD images (.iso)
* Lha archives (.lzh)
* Archiver archives (.ar)
* Comic book archives (.cbz)
* Single files compressed with gzip (.gz), bzip (.bz), bzip2 (.bz2),
compress (.Z), lzip (.lz), lzop (.lzo), lzma (.lzma) and xz (.xz)
File-roller can extract following formats:
* Cabinet archives (.cab)
* Debian binary packages (.deb)
* Xar archives (.xar)
File-roller doesn't perform archive operations by itself, but relies on
standard tools for this.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install file-roller