archive manager for GNOME
DescriptionFile-roller is an archive manager for the GNOME environment. It allows you to:
* Create and modify archives.
* View the content of an archive.
* View a file contained in an archive.
* Extract files from the archive.File-roller supports the following formats:
* Tar (.tar) archives, including those compressed with
gzip (.tar.gz, .tgz), bzip (.tar.bz, .tbz), bzip2 (.tar.bz2, .tbz2),
compress (.tar.Z, .taz), lzip (.tar.lz, .tlz), lzop (.tar.lzo, .tzo),
lzma (.tar.lzma) and xz (.tar.xz)
* Zip archives (.zip)
* Jar archives (.jar, .ear, .war)
* 7z archives (.7z)
* iso9660 CD images (.iso)
* Lha archives (.lzh)
* Archiver archives (.ar)
* Comic book archives (.cbz)
* Single files compressed with gzip (.gz), bzip (.bz), bzip2 (.bz2),
compress (.Z), lzip (.lz), lzop (.lzo), lzma (.lzma) and xz (.xz)File-roller can extract following formats:
* Cabinet archives (.cab)
* Debian binary packages (.deb)
* Xar archives (.xar)File-roller doesn't perform archive operations by itself, but relies on standard tools for this.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".