greek font family (Classic Didot revival)
DescriptionUnder the influence of the neoclassical ideals of the late 18th century, the famous French typecutter Firmin Didot in Paris designed a new Greek typeface (1805) which was immediately used in the publishing programme of Adamantios Korai, the prominent intellectual figure of the Greek diaspora and leading scholar of the Greek Enlightenment. The typeface eventually arrived in Greece, with the field press which came with Didot’s grandson Ambroise Firmin Didot, during the Greek Revolution in 1821. Since then the typeface has enjoyed an unrivaled success as the type of choice for almost every kind of publication until the last decades of the 20th century. Didot's original type design, as it is documented in publications during the first decades of the 19th century, was digitized and revived by George D. Matthiopoulos in 2006 for a project of the Department of Literature in the School of Philosophy at the University of Thessaloniki, and is now available for general use.
5886 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.1-5 (Information last updated about 21 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".