smart Unicode font for Latin and Cyrillic scripts (tight spacing version)
DescriptionThe goal for the Doulos SIL font is to provide a single Unicode-based font family that would contain a comprehensive inventory of glyphs needed for almost any Roman- or Cyrillic-based writing system, whether used for phonetic or orthographic needs. In addition, there is provision for other characters and symbols useful to linguists. The Doulos SIL font contains near-complete coverage of all the characters defined in Unicode 7.0 for Latin and Cyrillic. In total, over 3,600 glyphs are included, providing support for over 2,300 characters as well as a large number of ligated character sequences (e.g., contour tone letters used in phonetic transcription of tonal languages). In addition, alternately-designed glyphs are also provided for a number of characters for use in particular contexts. The glyphs are accessible in applications that support advanced font technologies, specifically the Graphite or OpenType technologies. These technologies are also utilized to provide automatic positioning of diacritics relative to base characters in arbitrary base+diacritic combinations (including combinations involving multiple diacritics). Doulos SIL is a TrueType font with "smart font" capabilities added using the Graphite, OpenType(r), and AAT font technologies. This means that complex typographic issues such as formation of ligatures or automatic positioning of diacritics relative to base characters in arbitrary base+diacritic combinations (including combinations involving multiple diacritics) are handled by the font. In addition, alternately-designed glyphs are also provided for a number of characters for use in particular contexts. These capabilities are only available if you are running an application that provides an adequate level of support for one of these smart font technologies. This is the compact version with tighter line spacing.
6576 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.000-1 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".