Smart Unicode fonts for Latin, Greek and Cyrillic (tight spacing version)
DescriptionGentium ("belonging to the nations" in Latin) is a Unicode typeface family designed to enable the many diverse ethnic groups around the world who use the Latin script to produce readable, high-quality publications. The design is intended to be highly readable, reasonably compact, and visually attractive. Gentium has won a "Certificate of Excellence in Typeface Design" in two major international typeface design competitions: bukva:raz! (2001) and TDC2003 (2003). The goal is to provide a single Unicode-based font family that contains a comprehensive inventory of glyphs needed for almost any Roman- or Cyrillic-based writing system, whether used for phonetic or orthographic needs, and provide a matching Greek face. In addition, there is provision for other characters and symbols useful to linguists. This font makes use of state-of-the-art font technologies to support complex typographic issues, such as the need to position arbitrary combinations of base glyphs and diacritics optimally. Gentium Plus is based on the original Gentium design. However, it now has the full OpenType and Graphite support that Doulos SIL and Charis SIL contain — including full IPA support. Gentium Plus Compact is a dedicated derivative with line spacing metrics modified to "Tight" via TypeTuner. More font sources (including web fonts and corresponding examples) are available in the main Gentium Plus release.
6800 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.000-2 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".