creating and reading constant databases
Descriptionfreecdb is a fast, reliable, simple package for creating and reading constant databases. Its database structure provides several features:
* Fast lookups: A successful lookup in a large database normally takes
just two disk accesses. An unsuccessful lookup takes only one.
* Low overhead: A database uses 2048 bytes, plus 24 bytes per record,
plus the space for keys and data.
* No random limits: cdb can handle any database up to 4 gigabytes.
There are no other restrictions; records don't even have to fit into
memory. Databases are stored in a machine-independent format.
* Fast atomic database replacement: cdbmake can rewrite an entire
database two orders of magnitude faster than other hashing packages.
* Fast database dumps: cdbdump prints the contents of a database in
cdbmake-compatible format.This package is derived from the cdb package, and uses the original cdb library. See http://cr.yp.to/cdb.html
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".