freecdb is a fast, reliable, simple package for creating and reading
constant databases. Its database structure provides several features:
* Fast lookups: A successful lookup in a large database normally takes
just two disk accesses. An unsuccessful lookup takes only one.
* Low overhead: A database uses 2048 bytes, plus 24 bytes per record,
plus the space for keys and data.
* No random limits: cdb can handle any database up to 4 gigabytes.
There are no other restrictions; records don't even have to fit into
memory. Databases are stored in a machine-independent format.
* Fast atomic database replacement: cdbmake can rewrite an entire
database two orders of magnitude faster than other hashing packages.
* Fast database dumps: cdbdump prints the contents of a database in
This package is derived from the cdb package, and uses the original
cdb library. See http://cr.yp.to/cdb.html
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install freecdb