Digital Voice mode for ham radio
DescriptionFreeDV is a digital voice mode intended for transmission and reception over high-frequency (HF) radio. It uses a frequency division multiplex (FDM) modem with 15 carriers and no forward error correction (FEC). A low bit-rate voice coder-decoder (Codec 2) provides voice quality without the listener fatigue caused by noise and interference normally associated with analog single sideband (SSB) voice. A HF SSB transceiver, personal computer and two sound cards are required. Path simulation and on-the-air HF testing have shown that decoding voice is possible at a signal-to-noise ratio of 4 dB. The FreeDV software was developed by David Rowe (Codec 2, FDM modem implementation, integration) and David Witten (GUI, architecture design). The FreeDV design and user interface was based on the earlier FDMDV program which was developed by Francesco Lanza. The FDM modem design and development was supported from Peter Martinez.
25050 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.4.3~1gdc71a1c-1 (Information last updated about 3 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".