application level proxy for the FTP protocol
DescriptionFTP-Proxy is a transparent, application-level proxy server for FTP connections, designed to protect FTP servers against attacks based on the FTP protocol. It is the first (and currently only) component of the SuSE Proxy Suite, a set of programs to enhance firewall security. FTP-Proxy is much less complex than any current FTP server, has been designed with great care and performs chroot(), setuid(), setgid() to avoid possible vulnerabilities, and is believed to be immune against current known attacks. FTP-Proxy features include:
o Securely relays FTP connections between clients and servers
o Can switch connections from active to passive and vice versa
o Utilizes port ranges for both control and data connections
o Provides extensive auditing (via syslog or rotating log files)
o Can separate user related from system triggered audit events
o Provides command restriction based on logged in user name
o Allows command argument checking with regular expressions
o Is able to retrieve configuration data from an LDAP directory
o Has been thoroughly tested against buffer overflow attacks
o Fully conforms to RFC 959 and 1123 (the basic FTP RFCs)
o Planned to support RFC 1579 ("Firewall Friendly FTP")
o Planned to support RFC 2428 (IPv6 Extensions for FTP)
o Based on GNU AutoConf, supposed to run on many UNIX systems
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".