management of external databases
DescriptionMany scientific communities share the problem of regularly updating external databases. With every update, also various tasks need to be performed for the update of indices that need to be recreated. This work depends on the tools that are available locally and is not always completely simple. This package provides the getData Perl script, which in some not so complicated manner performs the invocation to wget to download data and then knows how to perform the indexing. There is only a hash table to be filled with the commands to be executed. Maintainers of scientific packages that are strongly coupled to public datasets are invited to add a runtime dependency to this package and add instructions for getData to follow.
826 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.2-2 (Information last updated 7 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".