Graphical GTK+ front-end to tesseract-ocr
DescriptiongImageReader is a simple GTK+ front-end to tesseract-ocr. Tesseract is probably the most accurate open source optical character recognition (OCR) software and can recognize text in over 60 languages. gImageReader supports automatic page layout detection but the user can also manually define and adjust the recognition regions. It is possible to import images from disk, scanning devices, clipboard and screenshots. gImageReader also supports multipage PDF documents. Recognized text is displayed directly next to the image and basic text editing including search/replace and removing of line breaks is possible. Spellchecking for the output text is also supported if the corresponding dictionaries are installed.
64672 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.2.3-1 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".