fast, scalable, distributed revision control system (cvs interoperability)
DescriptionGit is popular version control system designed to handle very large projects with speed and efficiency; it is used for many high profile open source projects, most notably the Linux kernel. Git falls in the category of distributed source code management tools. Every Git working directory is a full-fledged repository with full revision tracking capabilities, not dependent on network access or a central server. This package provides the git cvsimport, cvsexportcommit, and cvsserver tools, which allow Git to read from and write to CVS repositories and offer access over CVS protocol to Git repositories. The git cvsimport tool can incrementally import from a repository that is being actively developed and only requires remote access over CVS protocol. Unfortunately, in many situations the import leads to incorrect results. For reliable, one-shot imports, cvs2git from the cvs2svn package or parsecvs may be a better fit.
4287 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:2.25.0-1 (Information last updated about 18 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".