ALSA sound mixer for GNOME
DescriptionA "volume control" application. You can use it to adjust the volume of different sound sources of your sound card. It has a nice graphical user interface and a lot of features:
- access to all of your computers sound cards and audio sources
- possibility to give them custom names
- only display the mixer controls you need
- access to all the extra features some sound cards offer, like
3d enhancement, microphone gain boost...
- and moreThis application uses the ALSA sound API, you cannot use it if you use the (older) OSS drivers for your sound card(s). In return, it gives you access to all the functionality ALSA provides with the "alsamixer" program, found in the "alsa-utils" package.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".