feature-rich dictionary lookup program
* Use of WebKit for an accurate articles' representation,
complete with all formatting, colors, images and links.
* Support of multiple dictionary file formats, namely:
- Babylon .BGL files, complete with images and resources
- StarDict .ifo/.dict./.idx/.syn dictionaries
- Dictd .index/.dict(.dz) dictionary files
- ABBYY Lingvo .dsl source files, together with abbreviations.
The files can be optionally compressed with dictzip. Dictionary
resources can be packed together into a .zip file.
- ABBYY Lingvo .lsa/.dat audio archives. Those can be indexed
separately, or be referred to from .dsl files.
* Support for Wikipedia, Wiktionary, or any other MediaWiki-based
sites to perform lookups in.
* Ability to use arbitrary websites as dictionaries via templated
* Hunspell-based morphology system, used for word stemming and
* Ability to index arbitrary directories with audio files for
* Full Unicode case, diacritics, punctuation and whitespace folding.
This means the ability to type in words without any accents,
correct case, punctuation or spaces (e.g. typing 'Grussen' would
yield 'grüßen' in German dictionaries).
* Scan popup functionality. A small window pops up with the
translation of a word chosen from another application.
* Support for global hotkeys. You can spawn the program window at
any point, or directly translate a word from the clipboard.
* Tabbed browsing in a modern Qt 4 interface.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".