* Use of WebKit for an accurate articles' representation,
complete with all formatting, colors, images and links.
* Support of multiple dictionary file formats, namely:
- Babylon .BGL files, complete with images and resources
- StarDict .ifo/.dict./.idx/.syn dictionaries
- Dictd .index/.dict(.dz) dictionary files
- ABBYY Lingvo .dsl source files, together with abbreviations.
The files can be optionally compressed with dictzip. Dictionary
resources can be packed together into a .zip file.
- ABBYY Lingvo .lsa/.dat audio archives. Those can be indexed
separately, or be referred to from .dsl files.
* Support for Wikipedia, Wiktionary, or any other MediaWiki-based
sites to perform lookups in.
* Ability to use arbitrary websites as dictionaries via templated
* Hunspell-based morphology system, used for word stemming and
* Ability to index arbitrary directories with audio files for
* Full Unicode case, diacritics, punctuation and whitespace folding.
This means the ability to type in words without any accents,
correct case, punctuation or spaces (e.g. typing 'Grussen' would
yield 'grüßen' in German dictionaries).
* Scan popup functionality. A small window pops up with the
translation of a word chosen from another application.
* Support for global hotkeys. You can spawn the program window at
any point, or directly translate a word from the clipboard.
* Tabbed browsing in a modern Qt 5 interface.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install goldendict