GRAMophone II is an algorithmic music generator
DescriptionGRAMophone is partly based on an idea of Jon McCormack’s, who invented the idea of a virtual player (virtual musician). The player in question is associated with a MIDI track, and interprets instructions telling it what to do. Generally, they say play notes (send MIDI messages). GRAMophone’s players together make up an orchestra, which plays a composition. Any number of players can play a composition, but in practice the hardware used might impose an upper limit. In general every player plays an instrument and each has a different set of grammar rules. An individual player is characterised by a set of parameters which are shared by the whole orchestra and/or a personal parameter set.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".