GTK+ based Run dialog
DescriptiongRun is a GTK+ based Run dialog that closely resembles the Windows Run dialog, just like xexec. It has a intelligent history mechanism and a dual level fork() mechanism for launching the application in its own process. gRun also has support for launching console mode application in an XTerm as well as associations for file types. gRun is much more powerful than xexec, looks a lot better, and has the big advantage that you can start typing a command without having to mouse-click into the text field. gRun is especially useful if you do not use the GNOME desktop which has a built-in run command, and if you use a window-manager (e.g. IceWM) where you can define a keyboard shortcut (e.g. Alt-F2) for staring gRun.
2842 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.9.3-2+b1 (Information last updated about 21 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".