General relativistic ray-tracing command-line interface
DescriptionGyoto is a framework for computing geodesics in curved space-times. The gyoto utility program uses this framework to compute images of astronomical objects in the vicinity of compact objects (e.g. black-holes). Such images are distorted by strong gravitational lensing. The gyoto program takes a scenery description in XML format, computes this scenery using relativistic ray-tracing, and saves the result in FITS format. This package contains the `gyoto' command-line utility. More complex uses of the Gyoto framework can be achieved using the yorick-gyoto, python-gyoto or python3-gyoto packages. Gyoto can be extended with plug-ins (see libgyoto5-dev). MPI parallelization requires the mpi-default-bin package.
558 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.4.4-3+b1 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".