view and edit files or devices in hexadecimal or ASCII
Descriptionhexedit shows a target both in hexadecimal and in ASCII. This target can be a device or a file. You can edit the target and search through it. There are also copy&paste and save to file functions. Is allowed truncating or appending to the target. All modifications are shown in bold. hexedit is ideal to edit or inspect very large files or devices, as hard disks or its partitions, flash drives, etc. These elements will not be wholly read because hexedit loads a piece at a time. hexedit can be used by programmers in several activities. It also is useful for debugging, forensics investigations and recovering from digital disasters.
5559 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.3-1 (Information last updated about 5 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".