sensitive protein sequence searching based on HMM-HMM alignment
DescriptionHH-suite is an open-source software package for sensitive protein sequence searching based on the pairwise alignment of hidden Markov models (HMMs). This package contains HHsearch and HHblits among other programs and utilities. HHsearch takes as input a multiple sequence alignment (MSA) or profile HMM and searches a database of HMMs (e.g. PDB, Pfam, or InterPro) for homologous proteins. HHsearch is often used for protein structure prediction to detect homologous templates and to build highly accurate query-template pairwise alignments for homology modeling. HHblits can build high-quality MSAs starting from single sequences or from MSAs. It transforms these into a query HMM and, using an iterative search strategy, adds significantly similar sequences from the previous search to the updated query HMM for the next search iteration. Compared to PSI-BLAST, HHblits is faster, up to twice as sensitive and produces more accurate alignments.
2660 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.2.0-2 (Information last updated about 3 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".