HP Linux Printing and Imaging System (HPLIP)
DescriptionThe HP Linux Printing and Imaging System provides full support for printing on most HP SFP (single function peripheral) inkjets and many LaserJets, and for scanning, sending faxes and for photo-card access on most HP MFP (multi-function peripheral) printers. HPLIP is composed of:
* System services to handle communications with the printers
* HP CUPS backend driver (hp:) with bi-directional communication with
HP printers (provides printer status feedback to CUPS and enhanced
HPIJS functionality such as 4-side full-bleed printing support)
* HP CUPS backend driver for sending faxes (hpfax:)
* hpcups CUPS Raster driver to turn rasterized input from the CUPS
filter chain into the printer's native format (PCL, LIDIL, ...).
(hpcups is shipped in a separate package)
* HPIJS Ghostscript IJS driver to rasterize output from PostScript(tm)
files or from any other input format supported by Ghostscript, and
also for PostScript(tm) to fax conversion support
(HPIJS is shipped in a separate package)
* Command line utilities to perform printer maintenance, such as
ink-level monitoring or pen cleaning and calibration
* GUI and command line utility to download data from the photo card
interfaces in MFP devices
* GUI and command line utilities to interface with the fax functions
* A GUI toolbox to access all these functions in a friendly way
* HPAIO SANE backend (hpaio) for flatbed and Automatic Document Feeder
(ADF) scanning using MFP devicesUSB, JetDirect (network) and parallel-port devices are supported.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".