Viewer/editor/analyser (mostly) for executables
DescriptionThis program is a file viewer, editor and analyzer for text, binary, and (especially) executable files - in other words it is an advanced hexeditor and disassembler. For more info (e.g. keybindings) see the README file! 1. Supported file formats
- common object file format (COFF/XCOFF32)
- executable and linkable format (ELF)
- linear executables (LE)
- standard DO$ executables (MZ)
- new executables (NE)
- portable executables (PE32/PE64)
- java class files (CLASS)
- Mach exe/link format (MachO)
- X-Box executable (XBE)
- Flat (FLT)
- PowerPC executable format (PEF)2. Code & Data Analyser
- finds branch sources and destinations recursively
- finds procedure entries
- creates labels based on this information
- creates xref information
- allows one to interactively analyse unexplored code
- allows one to create/rename/delete labels
- allows one to create/edit comments
- supports x86, ia64, alpha, ppc and java code3. Target systems
- Win32Please note that the program is called "hte" not "ht" as the package name suggests.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".