Network scripts for ifupdown
DescriptionThis package provides a set of network testing scripts to be used together with the ifupdown package. These scripts can:
- check the network cable before an interface is configured.
- test if an assigned IPv4 or IPv6 address is already in use in the network.
- test if default network gateways are reachable.
- setup default static routes for interfaces.Additionally network static routes can also be defined globally for the system when this is needed (e.g. for 'reject' rules) and will be added after network initialisation. This package also provides 'network-test', a script to test the network configuration status by checking:
- Status of available interface.
- Availability of configured gateway routes.
- If host resolution is working properly (DNS checks).
- If network connectivity is working, including ICMP and web connections to
remote web servers.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".