This package provides a set of network testing scripts to be used together
with the ifupdown package. These scripts can:
- check the network cable before an interface is configured.
- test if an assigned IPv4 or IPv6 address is already in use in the network.
- test if default network gateways are reachable.
- setup default static routes for interfaces.
Additionally network static routes can also be defined globally for the
system when this is needed (e.g. for 'reject' rules) and will be
added after network initialisation.
This package also provides 'network-test', a script to test the network
configuration status by checking:
- Status of available interface.
- Availability of configured gateway routes.
- If host resolution is working properly (DNS checks).
- If network connectivity is working, including ICMP and web connections to
remote web servers.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install ifupdown-extra