inkjet server - Ghostscript driver for Gutenprint
DescriptionThis package contains the ijsgutenprint binary which provides Ghostscript with a Gutenprint driver, including all printers supported by Gutenprint. ijsgutenprint is an IJS server (driver), which communicates with Ghostscript (an IJS client) using the IJS (InkJet Server) communications protocol. IJS is a method for separating ghostscript drivers from ghostscript, to allow ghostscript to be more extensible. If you wish to print using Ghostscript and the Gutenprint drivers, install this package. This is typical for LPRng setups. If you are using CUPS, printer-driver-gutenprint is a better choice, but this package will still work with the appropriate foomatic setup if you wish to make use of foomatic. Gutenprint is the print facility for the GIMP, and in addition a suite of drivers that may be used with common UNIX spooling systems using GhostScript or CUPS. These drivers provide printing quality for UNIX/Linux on a par with proprietary vendor-supplied drivers in many cases, and can be used for many of the most demanding printing tasks. Gutenprint was formerly known as Gimp-Print.
1585 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.2.11-1+b2 (Information last updated about 24 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".