vector-based drawing program
DescriptionInkscape is an illustration editor which has everything needed to create professional-quality computer art. You can use it to make diagrams and illustrations, technical drawings, web graphics, clip art, icons and logos. A collection of hands-on tutorials show you how to combine lines, shapes and text of different types and styles to build up a picture. A selection of powerful vector graphics editing tools comes as standard. There is excellent support for paths, gradients, layers, alpha transparency and text flow control. An extensive library of filters allow you to apply realistic effects and extensions allow you to work with bitmaps, barcodes and printing marks, amongst other things. Most of the common vector formats are supported, including PDF, Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD files, and it has unrivalled support for the SVG web graphics standard. Between the suggested packages:
518000 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.92.1-1 (Information last updated about 8 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".