Internet Protocol bandwidth measuring tool
DescriptionIperf is a modern alternative for measuring TCP and UDP bandwidth performance, allowing the tuning of various parameters and characteristics. Features:
* Measure bandwidth, packet loss, delay jitter
* Report MSS/MTU size and observed read sizes.
* Support for TCP window size via socket buffers.
* Multi-threaded. Client and server can have multiple simultaneous
* Client can create UDP streams of specified bandwidth.
* Multicast and IPv6 capable.
* Options can be specified with K (kilo-) and M (mega-) suffices.
* Can run for specified time, rather than a set amount of data to transfer.
* Picks the best units for the size of data being reported.
* Server handles multiple connections.
* Print periodic, intermediate bandwidth, jitter, and loss reports at
* Server can be run as a daemon.
* Use representative streams to test out how link layer compression affects
your achievable bandwidth.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".