Password strength checking for Kerberos KDCs
Descriptionkrb5-strength provides a password quality plugin for the MIT Kerberos KDC (specifically the kadmind server), an external password quality program for use with Heimdal, and a per-principal password history implementation for Heimdal. Passwords can be tested with CrackLib, checked against a CDB or SQLite database of known weak passwords with some transformations, checked for length, checked for non-printable or non-ASCII characters that may be difficult to enter reproducibly, required to contain particular character classes, or any combination of these tests. No dictionary is shipped with this package. A CrackLib dictionary can be created with the tools in cracklib-runtime, a CDB or SQLite database can be created from a password list (obtained separately) using the tools included in this package, or both. The recommended packages are needed to generate CDB or SQLite databases and for the password history implementation for Heimdal.
920 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.1-2 (Information last updated 5 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".