Java API to biological data and applications (default version)
DescriptionBioJava is an open-source project dedicated to providing a Java framework for processing biological data. It includes objects for manipulating sequences, file parsers, DAS client and server support, access to BioSQL and Ensembl databases, and powerful analysis and statistical routines including a dynamic programming toolkit. BioJava is provided by a vibrant community which meets annually at the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC) that traditionally accompanies the Intelligent Systems in Molecular Biology (ISMB) meeting. Much like BioPerl, the employment of this library is valuable for everybody active in the field because of the many tricks of the trade one learns just by communicating on the mailing list. This is a wrapper package which should enable smooth upgrades to new versions.
474 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:1.7.1-6 (Information last updated about 11 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".