module to open and communicate with a gdb session
DescriptionThe Devel::GDB package provides an interface for communicating with GDB. Internally, it uses the GDB/MI interpreter (see http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_25.html), which accurately informs the caller of the program state and, through the use of tokens, guarantees that the results returned actually correspond to the request sent. By contrast, GDB's console interpreter returns all responses on STDOUT, and thus there is no way to ensure that a particular response corresponds to a particular request. Therefore, it is obviously preferable to use GDB/MI when programmatically interacting with GDB. This can be done via the send_cmd family of functions (send_cmd, send_cmd_excl, and send_cmd_async). There are, however, some cases when there is no GDB/MI command corresponding to a particular console command, or it has not yet been implemented (for example, -symbol-type, corresponding to the console command ptype, is not yet implemented as of GDB 6.6). In this case, the get function provides a workaround by capturing all output sent to the console stream.
941 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2.02-4 (Information last updated about 18 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".