scalable directory and file change notification
Descriptioninotify (inode notify) is a Linux kernel subsystem that monitors events in filesystems and reports those events to applications in real time. inotify can be used to monitor individual files or directories. When a directory is monitored, inotify will return events for the directory itself and for files inside the directory. This module implements an interface to the Linux 2.6.13 and later inotify directory and file change notification system. It has a number of advantages over the Linux::Inotify module:
- It is portable (Linux::Inotify only works on x86).
- The equivalent of fullname works correctly.
- It is better documented.
- It has callback-style interface, which is better suited for integration.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".