Meep is a free and open-source software package for electromagnetics
simulation via the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method.
Its features include:
* Free and open-source software under the GNU GPL.
* Complete scriptability via Python, Scheme, or C++ APIs.
* Simulation in 1d, 2d, 3d, and cylindrical coordinates.
* Distributed memory parallelism on any system supporting MPI.
* Arbitrary anisotropic electric permittivity ε and magnetic permeability μ,
along with dispersive ε(ω) and μ(ω) including loss/gain,
nonlinear (Kerr & Pockels) dielectric and magnetic materials,
electric/magnetic conductivities σ, and saturable gain/absorption.
* Perfectly-matched layer (PML) absorbing boundaries as well as
Bloch-periodic and perfect-conductor boundary conditions.
* Exploitation of symmetries to reduce the computation size, including
even/odd mirror planes and 90°/180° rotations.
* Arbitrary current sources including a guided-mode launcher.
* Frequency-domain solver for finding the response to a
continuous-wave (CW) source.
* ε/μ and field import/export in the HDF5 data format.
* GDSII file import for planar geometries.
* Materials library containing predefined broadband, complex
* Field analyses including Poynting flux, mode decomposition, near to far
transformations, frequency extraction, local density of states (LDOS),
modal volume, Maxwell stress tensor, arbitrary functions; completely
This package contains the library.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install libmeep23