framework for Search and Retrieval by URL
DescriptionThe SRU package provides a framework for working with the Search and Retrieval by URL (SRU) protocol developed by the Library of Congress. SRU defines a web service for searching databases containing metadata and objects. SRU often goes under the name SRW which is a SOAP version of the protocol. You can think of SRU as a RESTful version of SRW, since all the requests are simple URLs instead of XML documents being sent via some sort of transport layer. You might be interested in SRU if you want to provide a generic API for searching a data repository and a mechanism for returning metadata records. SRU defines three verbs: explain, scan and searchRetrieve which define the requests and responses in a SRU interaction. This set of modules attempts to provide a framework for building an SRU service. The distribution is made up of two sets of Perl modules: modules in the SRU::Request::* namespace which represent the three types of requests; and modules in the SRU::Response::* namespace which represent the various responses.
467 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.01-2 (Information last updated 5 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".