scanning DNA sequence with a position weight matrix
DescriptionThe TFBS perl modules comprise a set of routines to interact with the Transfac and Jaspar databases that describe a special family of proteins, the transcription factors. These bind to genomic DNA to initiate (or prevent) the readout of a gene. Once multiple binding sites are known for a transcription factor, these are gathered in a single file and are aligned in order to find position-specific characteristica that might be used to predict such binding events in novel DNA sequences. If you use TFBS in your work, please cite "Lenhard B., Wasserman W.W. (2002) TFBS: Computational framework for transcription factor binding site analysis. Bioinformatics 18:1135-1136".
851 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.7.1-3+b1 (Information last updated about 17 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".