graphical wireless scanner
DescriptionLinSSID is a graphical program that displays locally receivable 802.11 wireless attach points and ad hoc networks. A table is displayed with various parameters such as MAC address, channel, and signal strength. Graphs are also displayed with signal strength by channel and signal strength over time. LinSSID is graphically and functionally similar to inSSIDer (for Microsoft Windows) and Wifi Analyzer (for Android). LinSSID can be used to measure the local performance or to search for an interference free channel to be set in a wireless router (access point or AP). The wireless established link won't be affected by these operations because LinSSID needn't set the monitor mode in network interface. Some features:
71168 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.6-3+b1 (Information last updated about 3 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".