DescriptionLXPanel is a GUI application for the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE). It is derived from fbpanel and includes the following features:
* User-friendly application menu automatically generated from .desktop
files on the system
* Launcher bar (small icons clicked to launch apps)
* Task bar supporting ICCCM/EWMH `urgency' hint (Pidgin IM windows
can flash on new incoming messages)
* Run dialog (type a command to run, without opening a terminal)
* Net status icon plug-in (optional).
* Volume control plug-in (optional).
* Notification area (system tray).
* Digital clock.
* Keyboard LEDs plug-in (display caps/num locks).
* lxpanelctl: control lxpanel from other programs.
For example, "lxpanelctl run" will show the Run dialog in lxpanel,
and "lxpanelctl menu" will show the application menu. This is
useful in combination with window manager key bindings.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".