Highly configurable, MTA-independent SMTP filter server
DescriptionMail Avenger is a highly configurable, MTA-independent Spam filtering solution at SMTP'ing time. The criteria Mail Avenger uses to handle filtering is based on a "how is it being send?" fashion, instead of the classical "what are you sending?" model, in which the body or mail itself is analysed looking for SPAM patterns, keywords, bad words or applying Bayesian filters, like SpamAssassin, DSPAM or SpamBayes does. A distinguishing feature of Mail Avenger is that it allows you to reject spam during SMTP time, before even spooling messages in your local mail queue. This carries interesting features like identifying most clients OS (using TCP SYN fingerprints), acquiring client's network information, embed cryptographically secure expiration times in temporary mail addresses to validate mail before receiving the message body, between others. This is a partial list of features:
1309 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.8.5-2+b1 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".