open-source tool for writers
DescriptionManuskript is an open source tool for writers. It provides a rich environment to help writers create their first draft and then further refine and edit their masterpiece. Features:
- Writing modes: Manuskript offers two writing modes: one “fiction” mode
with all the tools for fiction writers (summary, characters, plot,
world/context, etc.), and one “simple” mode, with only the writing tab.
- Outliner: You can organize your thoughts and snippets in a hierarchical
manner. Organize them as you wish, reorganize them on the go.
- Customizable distraction-free mode: Get rid of all distraction while
writing or lock yourself until you’ve reached a certain goal.
- Novel assistant: Use the snowflake method to grow your single genius idea
in a coherent whole, with complex characters, intricate plots and detailed
- Open and plain-text file format: Depending on your configuration,
everything is either stored zipped in one single file or as several small
text files in one folder (to allow versioning and collaborative editing).
- Index Cards: Use index cards to organise your thoughts: notes, scenes,
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install manuskript