graphical read alignment viewer for short gene sequences
DescriptionMaqview is graphical read alignment viewer. It is specifically designed for the Maq alignment file and allows you to see the mismatches, base qualities and mapping qualities. Maqview is nothing fancy as Consed or GAP, but just a simple viewer for you to see what happens in a particular region. In comparison to tgap-maq, the text-based read alignment viewer writen by James Bonfield, Maqview is faster and takes up much less memory and disk space in indexing. This is possibly because tgap aims to be a general-purpose viewer but Maqview fully makes use of the fact that a Maq alignment file has already been sorted. Maqview is also efficient in viewing and provides a command-line tool to quickly retrieve any region in an Maq alignment file.
384 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.2.5-7+b1 (Information last updated about 2 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".