simple security-focused authoritative Domain Name Service server
DescriptionMaraDNS is an easy to configure DNS server that functions as an authoritative domain name server. MaraDNS is optimised for serving a small number of domains quickly and efficiently. Well suited to host your own private DNS server for making up subdomains with minimal fuss. Maradns is security-aware by utilising a special string library which is resistant to buffer overflows and mandating to run as an unprivileged user. For the recursive name server component and IPv6 support see maradns-deadwood. For TCP and domain transfer support see maradns-zoneserver.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".