Convert Mbox mailboxes to Maildir format
Descriptionmb2md (mbox to maildir) takes one or more Mbox format mailbox files in a directory and convert them to Maildir format mailboxes. As the Mbox format has some drawbacks, D. J. Bernstein created the Maildir format when he wrote Qmail. With the Mbox format all mail of a specific folder is stored as one large text file. The Maildir format stores each mail as a separate file. It is a faster and more efficient way to store mail. It works particularly well over NFS, which has a long history of locking-related woes. The Mbox format is used by many POP3/IMAP servers, most mail servers (MTAs) and mail readers (MUAs). The Maildir format is used by Qmail, Courier-MTA and can be also used as a alternative mail storage format by Postfix and Exim or any MTA which can use procmail as MDA. POP3/IMAP servers which support Maildirs are e.g. Courier IMAP and Dovecot. mb2md does not only convert Mbox mailbox files into a Maildir but can also convert the /var/spool/mail/$USER mailspool file. It is smart enough to not transfer a dummy message such as the UW IMAPD puts at the start of Mbox mailboxes - and you could add your own search terms into the script to make it ignore other forms of dummy first message.
1388 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.20-8 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".