Debian Med general config package
DescriptionThis package provides the basic infrastructure of all metapackages assembled by the Debian Med team. This metapackage provides common features shared between the different metapackages of the project. Moreover it introduces a method to handle a 'med' system users group using debconf. The Debian Med Project include metapackages for different tasks, which are:
* applications for microbiological research and support for development of
* cloud computing in microbiological research
* drug databases
* dental surgery practice
* epidemiology and medical statistics
* image processing and support for imaging application development
* pharmacological research
* radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging and related fields
* medical practice
* psychological research and practice
* typesetting and publishing
* miscellaneous toolsEach task is represented by a metapackage. Metapackages do not contain executable programs, but rather dependencies from other packages. This way you will conveniently get all free medical software which is available for Debian by simply installing the relevant metapackage
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".