software package for FDTD simulation
DescriptionMeep (or MEEP) is a free finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) simulation software package developed at MIT to model electromagnetic systems. Its features include:
* Simulation in 1d, 2d, 3d, and cylindrical coordinates.
* Dispersive (including loss/gain) and nonlinear (Kerr & Pockels) materials.
Magnetic permeability and electric/magnetic conductivities.
* PML absorbing boundaries and/or perfect conductor and/or Bloch-periodic
* Exploitation of symmetries to reduce the computation size .
even/odd mirror symmetries and 90/180 degree rotations.
* Complete scriptability - either via a Scheme scripting front-end
(as in libctl and MPB), or callable as a C++ library.
* Field output in the HDF5 standard scientific data format, supported by
many visualization tools.
* Arbitrary material and source distributions.
* Field analyses including flux spectra, frequency extraction, and energy
integrals; completely programmable.
* Multi-parameter optimization, root-finding, integration, etcetera
(via libctl).This package contains the software.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".