Cast your Linux audio or video to your Google Cast devices
DescriptionIt is written in Python, and it streams via node.js, ffmpeg, or avconv. mkchromecast is capable of using lossy and lossless audio formats provided that ffmpeg is installed. It also supports Multi-room group playback, and 24-bits/96kHz high audio resolution. Additionally, a system tray menu is also available. By default, mkchromecast streams with node.js (or parec in Linux) together with mp3 audio coding format at a sample rate of 44100Hz and average bitrate of 192k. These defaults can be changed using the --sample-rate and -b flags. It is useful to modify these parameters when your wireless router is not very powerful, or in the case you don't want to degrade the sound quality. mkchromecast can cast using either pulseaudio or ALSA. The respective dependencies can be pulled by mkchromecast-pulseaudio and mkchromecast-alsa dependency packages respectively. For more information, please read the README.Debian file shipped in this package.
57831 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.3.8.1-1 (Information last updated 7 minutes ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".