mpop is a fast and simple fetchmail replacement to retrieve mail from POP3
servers. Its main features are header based mail filtering, multiple
authentication methods, TLS encrypted connections or delivery.
There are a few things mpop can do that fetchmail can't or that it
- mpop never ever tries to parse mail information except for the
envelope-from address, which is the bare minimum that it has to do.
- mpop never ever alters mail messages except for adding a "Received"
header, which is the bare minimum that it has to do.
- mpop uses several techniques (including pipelining) to reduce the
POP3 protocol overhead. It is therefore much faster than fetchmail.
- By default, mpop stores the mail UIDs (unique ids) in one file per
account. You can poll different mail accounts in parallel.
- The progress output is nicer ;-)
- You can pipe the headers of a mail through a filter that decides if
the mail should be downloaded, skipped, or deleted. This allows one
to delete junk mail from a POP3 server without downloading the
- mpop can deliver mails directly to mbox and maildir mail folders.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install mpop