Heavy-duty USENET news reader (curses-based client)
DescriptionThe motto of nn is its expanded name, which is "No News is good news, but nn is better", and the nn newsreader is designed to let you minimize the amount of time you spend reading news (or, more realistically, to allow you to follow even more newsgroups :-). Nn allows you to quickly select articles of interest and skip the rest. It also supports efficient article killing and selection of articles by author and subject. This version of nn reads news from a news server via NNTP (the Network News Transfer Protocol), and can make use of your NNTP server's NOV database, if configured. You must have a news server available - large sites usually provide a site-wide server. (For those familiar with 'nn', this is a client-only version.)
2770 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 6.7.3-10+b2 (Information last updated about 8 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".